Springtide Sailing Charters: terms & conditions
- Minimum of 4 guests required to run a trip.
- Management reserves the right to cancel any transfer or activity due to unforeseen circumstances, including but not limited to, insufficient passengers and/or unfavourable sea or weather conditions.
- If the minimum number of guests has not been reached by the time of the service, the trip will either be cancelled or guests are welcome to pay a minimum fee equivalent to 4 adult tickets to proceed with trip.
- Management reserves the right to amend/cancel/add terms & conditions without notice.
- Guests are required to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to departure and cannot under any circumstances be late for any charter. No refunds will be given if passengers ‘miss the boat’.
- Persons are not permitted to jump overboard and/or swim.
- Management reserves the right to refuse admission to unruly passengers who appear to be under the influence of alcohol or any banned substances.
- No food or beverages may be carried on board our vessel. A full service bar is available for guests.
- For the comfort of all passengers and in accordance with South African government legislation, smoking is not permitted on our vessels.
- We have a strict no shoes policy on-board policy and guests are advised to bring socks during the colder season.
- All terms & conditions are subject to South African Law & Jurisdiction.
Payments & cancellations
- Full payment is required upon making the reservation and proof of payment will be required in order to receive confirmation.
- There will be no refunds in the event of a no-show or last minute cancellation by guests on the activity date. In the event that the activity has not been prepaid, we will debit a full cancellation charge to the client’s credit card.
- All requests for amendments to a reservation are required in writing by electronic mail at least 7 days prior to the first activity date. Springtide Charters reserves the right to refuse amendment at its own discretion.
- In the event of an amendment not received 7 days prior to activity booked the guest/tour operator will still be responsible for the full cost for the total number of passengers originally confirmed.
- In case of a weather cancellation, weather conditions are judged exclusively by the management of Springtide Charters. Guests must report for the service/activity unless notified by Springtide Charters staff or management.
- In the event of a cancellation by Springtide Charters management, a full refund will be given on the amount paid (or refunded to booking agent).
- In the event of a refund, we can only refund via the same method of payment using the same account number that was used to make the initial payment, i.e. if you paid with a specific credit card then we can only refund back into that credit card.
- Third party bookings (booking office or concierge bookings) are required to request clients card details for all reservations.
- We do NOT accept International Fund Transfers due to certain international bank charges that may be incurred.
- All passengers are required to sign an indemnity form for all activities they are participating in prior to departure of the activity.
- If a guest refuses to sign the indemnity form, the guest will not be able to partake in the activity and will not receive a refund.
- The indemnity form must be signed by a Parent/Legal guardian for minors under 18 years.
- Children under the age of 12 are welcome but as this is considered an adult type of activity, children must be supervised by parents at all times. This activity is not recommended for children 5 years and under.
- No unaccompanied minors are allowed.
- Children are classified as a passenger therefore the full rate will apply to them.
- Indemnity requirements for children under 18 apply. Please refer Indemnity T & C’s above.